ITwhirled

Take a break from workday drudgery with ITwhirled. Each weekly installment covers the best in weird news, humor, gadgets, and all manner of offbeat items from the world of IT and beyond.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Q&A: .NET or LAMP?

Dear Aunt Calamity:

I’m getting different opinions about which foundation I should use to build high performance web applications. Some people tell me .NET is the only way to go. Others recommend LAMP. What do you use?
- Graziano M., Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Dear Graziano:

Either will work, so choosing one probably will depend more on your comfort level than your needs. I personally prefer LAMP (Linux+Apache+MySQL+ Perl). However, like many open source stacks, it’s dependent on another critical, underlying layer which I call BLOCK: Ballpeen hammer+Luckies+Obscenities+Caffeine+Knowledgebases.
- Aunt Calamity, Technology Maven & Advice Columnist.

Hankering for more of Auntie's wisdom? Click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home